With the Yard Management module, SOOT improves car service at the plant. Upon transport notification and selecting the convenient time window, the carrier goes to the plant/ warehouse/ distribution centre to collect the goods or with the goods.
In SOOT you can log all service stages for that carrier, including:
- Recording of the fact of car arrival at the parking lot
- Car calling for coming
- Plant entry
- Interweighing (optional)
- Loading and unloading start
- Loading and unloading end
- Plant exit
The system enables supply chain users to cooperate and share information in the same manner.
- Security guards log the fact of car arrival and record the plant entry and exit times. They receive alerts on prolonged car stay at the plant
- Warehouse dispatchers – call drivers to a certain loading dock and log loading start and end times. They can continuously view the transports notified for a given day that are delayed or on-time.
- Carriers (drivers) – receive from the SOOT system the information (as text messages, for example) about the next activities to do or warning alerts.
- Logistics officers – thanks to intuitive and legible panels, they can continuously monitor the progress status for transport orders and utilisation of time windows. Clients (suppliers and offtakers) can also track the dispatch status with the dispatch tracking functionality.
What benefits of the Yard Management module implementation are named by our clients?
- Visibly improved loading and unloading scheduling
- Combined with the notification and time windows functionality, the recording of the fact of car provision by security guards was made easier, while the handling time at the gate was shortened to the indispensable minimum (below 1 minute)
- Thanks to logging car provision delays from the scheduled notification on the part of the forwarder and adequate response of logistics officers, today from 60% to 80% of cars arrive on time
- The loading and unloading times were shortened by even 3 hours
- Continuous logging of plant events (entry, loading, unloading, exit, etc.) enabled dynamic staff response to unexpected situations, making service as seamless as only possible
- Thanks to marking all service stages with time stamps, the number of irregularities and bottlenecks was reduced considerably
- Scheduled delivery time-related communication with the client improved
- you want to arrange transport services in a systemic, transparent and cheap manner
- staff spend most of their time compiling and reconciling the acquisition data indispensable for issuing a transport order
- communication with carriers gets too arduous for you
- you are considering increasing the group of carriers, but you are worrying about the related headcount increase at the same time
- car queues in front of your plant become an issue or you start lacking parking spots in your parking area
- you order many transports
- you are preparing yourself for handling transports in new routes
- you think that you have negotiated the best prices for the routes serviced
- your superiors compel you to cut back the transportation costs
- you have problems with clearing the services provided by carriers
- you bear delivery delay costs
- you have other problems with transport service, not listed above or
- you spend too much time planning, arranging or overseeing transport services
you certainly need SOOT – a flexible, multilingual application with a cutting-edge user interface and friendly licensing procedure.