SOOT was developed to facilitate and automate communication between the manufacturing plant and the forwarders transporting their cargo. Yet, the end-to-end process is to be safe and isolated from the internal company systems (SAP/ERP).
Easy communication between the company and the forwarder or carrier is among the key advantages of the SOOT system. Forwarders fill in themselves the online application on the company’s website. The application is later used by the forwarding department staff (a logistics officer) to accept or reject cooperation with such a carrier with just one click. The system also ensures that the forwarder delivers all the documents required by the company before starting the cooperation.
Companies recognise the following benefits from using the corporate SOOT platform to communicate with forwarders and carriers.
- They win many more new carriers for cooperation, without having to employ new staff at their forwarding departments
- Thanks to the Auction and Tender module, they cut back the transportation costs by even 35% per year
- They automate the process of forwarding transport orders to carriers and forwarders, keeping continuous control over their processing
- They move some clerical duties to forwarders, the need to input notification data or update the contact data, for example
- They cut down the number of phone, fax and e-mail contacts by 80% even
- With the time windows feature, they shorten the loading and unloading waiting times of the carrier, thus cutting back the demurrage charges or investment outlays on parking spots
- They acquire data for further negotiations with forwarders (number of delivery delays in the past quarter, for example)
- They raise trust of forwarders and carriers,as each and every of their activities is transparent
- you want to arrange transport services in a systemic, transparent and cheap manner
- staff spend most of their time compiling and reconciling the acquisition data indispensable for issuing a transport order
- communication with carriers gets too arduous for you
- you are considering increasing the group of carriers, but you are worrying about the related headcount increase at the same time
- car queues in front of your plant become an issue or you start lacking parking spots in your parking area
- you order many transports
- you are preparing yourself for handling transports in new routes
- you think that you have negotiated the best prices for the routes serviced
- your superiors compel you to cut back the transportation costs
- you have problems with clearing the services provided by carriers
- you bear delivery delay costs
- you have other problems with transport service, not listed above or
- you spend too much time planning, arranging or overseeing transport services
you certainly need SOOT – a flexible, multilingual application with a cutting-edge user interface and friendly licensing procedure.