Preparation of data about scheduled transports or sales contracts is the basic functionality of the SOOT system in the transport handling process. Since SOOT is an open-ended system, it supports direct information uploading from SAP/ERP systems or other IT systems used by the company.
What, where and when should be transported can be uploaded to SOOT; client orders or sales invoices for example. The role of SOOT is to select the best forwarders to make the above transports and deliver to the SAP/ERP system the notification information and the transportation costs agreed on with the said forwarders.
SOOT also allows you to prepare a flexible schedule of car provision by forwarders, tailoring it to the plant capacity and admissible time windows.
Based on the details of transports planned, SOOT enables you to effortlessly arrange a tender procedure for transportation services or an auction, winning the best market offers.
By handling transportation contracts in SOOT, you will:
- Automate the process of forwarding and distributing transport orders to carriers and forwarders, keeping continuous control over contract performance
- Schedule car arrivals in line with your manufacturing capacity
- Cut down the number of phone, fax and e-mail contacts with forwarders by 80% even
- Arrange a tender procedure or an auction for a transportation contract in an easy and intuitive manner, cutting back the transportation costs by even 35% per year
- Eliminate multiple repetition of the same activities by various employees by integrating the IT (SOOT and SAP/ERP) systems
- Move some clerical duties to forwarders, the need to input notification data or schedule arrivals, for example
- Simplify and markedly shorten the process of clearings with forwarders, because you will be handling them using the same, unquestionable data, providing for inter alia the number of transports made or the total delivery delay time for a given contract
- Replace tedious clerical works of your staff with controlling and monitoring ones
- you want to arrange transport services in a systemic, transparent and cheap manner
- staff spend most of their time compiling and reconciling the acquisition data indispensable for issuing a transport order
- communication with carriers gets too arduous for you
- you are considering increasing the group of carriers, but you are worrying about the related headcount increase at the same time
- car queues in front of your plant become an issue or you start lacking parking spots in your parking area
- you order many transports
- you are preparing yourself for handling transports in new routes
- you think that you have negotiated the best prices for the routes serviced
- your superiors compel you to cut back the transportation costs
- you have problems with clearing the services provided by carriers
- you bear delivery delay costs
- you have other problems with transport service, not listed above or
- you spend too much time planning, arranging or overseeing transport services
you certainly need SOOT – a flexible, multilingual application with a cutting-edge user interface and friendly licensing procedure.